Monday, July 14, 2014

Rocket Raccoon #1...sort of!


So I bought a couple of copies of Rocket Raccoon with the variant "sketch covers" at my local comic book store and created this artwork over the weekend. Overall I am fairly happy with the way it turned out, but it is creating a bit of confusion after I posted it on Facebook. People keep thinking that I did the actual published art for the book and not just a cover piece on a blank-cover copy of the book.

For the record, I did not draw the art for this comic. This is a specifically published blank cover version produced so that artists can draw original sketch art on them. Nor am I in any way affiliated with any Marvel publication at the moment...unfortunately. (I haven't done work for Marvel since the last of the DS9 comic covers I did back in the 90's when they took it over from Malibu.) I certainly wouldn't mind being the artist for a book like Rocket Raccoon for Marvel. Maybe when the amazing Scottie Young gets bored with it they'll look for a new artist and I can apply! ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment